T-DRILL: Custom Welded T Connections for Your Applications
Ideal for Industries that Require Stainless Steel Piping, including Water Treatment, Food & Dairy, Pharma, and Chemicals.
GMP’s in-house T-DRILL collaring machine creates welded tube connections for run pipes 33.7-323.9 mm in stainless steel, mild steel, copper/nickel, brass and aluminum alloys. Our cost-effective and time-saving T-pulling service is ideal for applications requiring a large number of welded tube connections with quick turnaround.
We create the custom connections to your specs and deliver to your fabrication facility or job site. You needn’t be an existing customer to take advantage of this stand-alone service.
Collar sizes: 21,3–114,3 mm / ½”–4″
Run tube sizes: 33,7–323,9 mm / Ø1’’–12’’
Pipe material: Aluminium, Brass, Carbon steel, Copper, Copper / Nickel, Stainless steel
Steel Machine type: Industrial machines
Process: Tee forming
Applications for T-DRILL:
- Process piping in stainless steel frequently requires the need for multiple outlets in a common distribution or collection manifold. There is no better way to manufacture such manifolds than with T-DRILL.
- Water and waste-water treatment systems consist of numerous components such as reverse osmosis, ultra-filtration and nano-filtration systems, ultraviolet disinfection arrays, and ozone generating systems, as well as pumping systems that connect all of these components. Such systems all have several manifolds feeding raw water to components, collecting permeate and removing the concentrate. Each individual filter housing or ultraviolet lamp housing has two or more openings that also are candidates for the T-DRILL process. Multiple pumps are connected by suction and discharge headers.
- The same filtration process is used in the dairy industry, which requires the removal of water from milk and the subsequent concentration of whey.
- Another common application is the Clean-In-Place systems installed in food, dairy, and pharmaceutical manufacturing to clean out piping and components between production batches.
- The commercial brewery business is well-suited for T-DRILL work, as is the construction of heat exchangers for applications from marine to food manufacturing. A crucial advantage of using the T-DRILL process is the minimal distortion of pipe that heat causes where nozzle welding is used. A liquid level measuring device having a float moving inside a tube has tiny clearances and any tube distortion causes a problem with the float, which is eliminated by T-DRILL.